Where’s the Beef?
You don’t have to eat meat enjoy the summer BBQ season – there are plenty of vegetarian dishes that can be enjoyed.
1. Veggie kebabs: Chop yellow peppers, red onions, parsnips, carrots, corn and red peppers into one inch cubes and, together with whole cloves of garlic, push a wooden or metal skewer through different pieces so as to create a colorful medley and then marinate them in olive oil, fresh herbs and Herbamare (a herbal sea salt low in sodium).
2. Veggie burgers: Nut burgers, veggie burgers and veggie patties are all extremely tasty and can be used for barbecues.
3. Corn on the Cob, usually a favorite with kids, cooks well, giving wonderful aromas. Wrap it in tin foil to avoid direct contact with the hot charcoal.
4. Baked potatoes can be finished off foil wrapped over the coals.
5. Rice and quinoa dishes, made in advance of guests arriving and served either hot or cold, make tasty main courses.
6. Delightful summer salads: offer endless variety and are easy, healthy, inexpensive, colourful dishes to make your fare look attractive. Use strong colourful lettuce leaves with a variety of herbs and alternate each dish with various ingredients to promote diversity. Slice some avocados, place in a bowl, grate raw beetroot over them and cover with oil and lemon juice. Green French beans look good with sliced red onions and sprouted chickpeas sprinkled on the top.
Add some healthy sprouts to pack a nutritional punch
Boost the nutritional value of any meal by adding organic sprouting seeds – not only do they enhance the texture of many vegetarian dishes with a fresh, crunchy element, these energy-giving sprouts, provide generous amounts of essential vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
You can make your own with a BioSnacky germinator . Chickpeas, lentils, mung beans, radish seeds, alfalfa, fenugreek and cress are all easy to cultivate. Children love to watch their fast growth and enjoy them for snacks all year round.
Sprouted seeds are also very attractive when sprinkled over thinly sliced tomatoes with a little lemon juice and basil.
Looking for healthy drinks?
300 mL of Biotta vegetable juice
1 tbs. of Molkosan
Dash of Tabasco
Combine ingredients in a tall glass. Garnish with celery stick and lemon.
1 big ripe mango
100 mL of Biotta® carrot juice
8 ice cubes
100 mL plain yogurt
Peel and chop mango. Crush ice cubes in a blender. Add the mango pieces, the carrot juice and the yogurt. Mix until a frothy texture appears, then serve immediately in tall glasses with a straw.
Berry Power Smoothie
Makes 4 glasses
- 400 mL Biotta carrot juice
- 300 mL pineapple juice
- 200 g fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp A.Vogel Vitality Prebiotik
Mix in a blender until a frothy texture appears and serve.