How to make Eggplant Lasagne
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. For the filling: Slice three of the eggplants lengthways to use as lasagne sheets, and gently grill.
3. Slice the remaining eggplant into discs to use as a topping.
4. Place the rest of the ingredients for the filling in a pan and cook over a low heat until softening. Remove from the heat.
5. To make the sauce: Whisk the flour, butter and milk over a medium heat, until the sauce begins to thicken.
6. Lower the heat and beat in 3 tbsp of parmesan.
7. Spread the vegetable filling over the bottom of a baking dish and cover with a layer of eggplant sheets. Pour over a little sauce.
8. Repeat these layers until the baking dish is full, leaving a little sauce for the topping.
9. Arrange the eggplant discs on the top. Pour over the remaining sauce and 3 tbsp parmesan.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is bubbling and turning brown.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?