Potato Cakes with Smoked Salmon & Papaya Chutney
How to make Potato Cakes with Smoked Salmon & Papaya Chutney
1. Steam the potatoes for 20 minutes until very soft. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. Add the buckwheat flour, whisk the remaining ingredients and mix everything together.
3. Leave to rest, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the chutney. Stone the papaya, peel, roughly chop and put into a bowl. Wash the coriander well, chop both the leaves and stalks. Add with the rest of the chutney ingredients, mix well with a fork and mash in the papaya. Although the sauce appears to be thin at the start it will thicken slightly after about 30 minutes.
5. Heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Put small portion size pieces of the potato dough in the hot oil and flatten with the back of a spoon.
6. Fry on both sides over a medium heat until a crust is formed.
7. Serve immediately.
Serve with salad or roasted vegetables.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?