Healthy legs exercise program for varicose veins
To keep healthy legs, there are no big secrets : we all have to maintain a good muscle mass and circulation in our legs. How? By regularly practising specific exercises.
- Extend your legs forward.
- Point your toes towards the ceiling, maintain for 10 seconds then release.
- Point your toes towards the floor, maintain for 10 seconds then release.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3, 10 times.
- Rotate your feet at the ankles.
- Start with 2 series of 15 movements. turning them first clockwise.
- Then counter-clockwise.
- Between each series, take 20 seconds to rest.
- Increase the number of series progressively.
- Standing, legs parallel.
- Rock back and forth from your toes to your heel.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Rest for 10 seconds.
- Redo steps 2 to 4, 5 times.
Pedaling stimulates regular contraction of the leg muscles and activates blood circulation. If you are not active, you can nevertheless add to your evening routine 10 minutes of exercises:
- Lie down on your back and raise your legs.
- Make treading movements.
- Start with 4 series of 15 movements.
- Rest for 20 seconds in between each series.
- Increase gradually the number of movements per series.
What do you think?
Have you found what you read useful? If so, I would love if you would leave your comment below. Thanks Sonia Chartier
Spider veins, tired legs ?
Venaforce Extra is the perfect alternative to support stockings. Read more
Our experts answer to all your questions. Read More
Take the test
Varicose veins... Are you at risk? Take the test for additional information to help improve your legs health