Allergy Relief is a homeopathic preparation for the relief of allergic rhinitis symptoms (seasonal allergies), sneezing, watery eyes and allergic reactions.
Allergy Relief Spray: Clinical Evidence
A clinical trial was carried out in 11 general practices in Switzerland2. The trial involved patients suffering from allergic rhinitis and/or hay fever for a period of at least two years and who were over the age of 18.
Allergy Relief spray was applied for 14 consecutive days, 3-5 times daily with 1-2 puffs into each nostril.
Patients had to fill out a diary recording the following symptoms: rhinorrhoea, nasal obstruction, sneezing attacks, pharyngeal irritation, coughing and irritated eyes.
A total of 63 patients with an average age of 33 years attended the trial which had been carried out from April until August.
- At the end of the treatment, the average symptoms which had been recorded in the diaries were reduced by 30-50%. In particular, the sneezing attacks and nasal congestion had improved significantly.
- The majority of patients experienced an improvement in their symptoms and approximately 12% of patients had noticed no change whatsoever.
- Upon completion of the study, 55% of patients rated the spray as excellent or good for efficacy. The treating physicians also shared this judgement.
- About 70% of patients would use the Allergy Relief spray again, thereby showing that the majority were satisfied with this treatment.
- Almost no side effects were reported and 90% of all users rated the tolerability as good or even excellent.
Allergy Relief Tablets and Drops: Experience Results
A clinical investigation was carried out in Netherland3. The investigation involved 199 patients, aged 34 years, suffering from seasonal allergies, allergies to dust and/or animals for a period of 9.5 years.
The patients had taken 2 tablets or 20 drops, 3 times daily before meals, from the beginning of April until the end of July.
Patients had to respond to the following criteria: “distinct improvement”, “partial improvement” and “no improvement” of allergy symptoms.
- 88.5% of patients had reported an improvement in their symptoms: - 56.8 % of patients reported a distinct improvement in their symptoms - 31.7% reported partial improvement.
- No side effects were reported.
1. Homeo - A.Vogel 08/96 Dr M. LEVASSEUR- Copyright
2. A. Suter, R. Schoop, Treatment of allergic rhinitis and pollinosis – A clinical trail to investigate the ef cacy and safety of the A.Vogel hayfever spray (Allergy Relief), 2004.
3. Laboratorium Biohorma B.V.: Clinical investigation of the ef cacy of the hayfever remedy Allergy Relief (1989), unpublished.
What do you think?
Have you found what you read useful? If so, I would love if you would leave your comment below. Thanks Sonia Chartier