4 portions as a main meal
8 portions as an entree
12 portions in a buffet
- 1 kg of small firm potatoes, washed
- 250 mL of beef broth, hot
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut lengthwise, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- To taste Herbamare® Original aromatic sea salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp semi-hot mustard
- To taste Herbamare® Original aromatic sea salt, pepper
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut in half, then cut into long strips with a peeler.
- Fresh dill tips.
Cook potatoes in a large amount of salted water. Peel potatoes
when still hot, let cool and slice. Pour hot beef broth over
potatoes. Salt cucumber slices and let them sweat for 30
minutes. Press to remove all water.
cucumber and shallot. Prepare sauce and mix it in. Let it
sit for one hour before serving.
Place salad in individual plates or in a salad bowl and garnish with the long strips of cucumber and dill tips.
By Doris Rodeck and Andy Langmeier.