- 25 g butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed (optional)
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 150 g red lentils, washed and drained
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable broth
- To taste Herbamare® Original, pepper
Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pot and sauté garlic and onion for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and lentils and stir around in the butter for a few minutes. Pour in the broth, half cover the pan and simmer very gently for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Reduce to cream. Pour back into the thick bottomed pot and season with Herbamare® and pepper. Thin soup to your preferred consistency by adding milk or vegetable broth.