- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cup cooked chick peas (or 14 oz can)
- To taste Herbamare® Original
- To taste freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
Heat the oil over medium heat, cook onion until tender for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, paprika, 2 of the tomatoes and oregano and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add water or broth. Boil for 5 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Add chickpeas, reduce heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add remaining tomato, basil and season with Herbamare® Original and pepper. Heat for 1 minute. Serve garnished with parsley.