- 250 ml (1 c.) quinoa, rinsed
- 500 ml (2 c.) water
- 425 ml (1¾ c.) whole flour (wheat, spelt, kamut)
- 125 ml (½ c.) granulated cane sugar
- 1½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 fresh apples, diced (1/2 cm X 1/2 cm)
- 150 ml (½ c.) strawberries cut into small pieces
- 175 ml (¾ c.) almond milk (alternatives: rice or soy milk)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Natur® safflower oil or sunflower or sesame oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
Bring water to a boil, add quinoa, reduce heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
During that time, cut the fruits and add them to the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Add 500 ml (2 c.) of cooked quinoa.
In another bowl, combine the milk, egg and vanilla. Combine all the ingredients.
Scoop the mixture into the muffin liners and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Can be stored for 3 days or can be frozen.