Herbs can be healing for your digestive system. Some of the most helpful medicinal herbs are:
Artichoke wears the crown for highest natural fibre content of any vegetable and over most grains, which helps break down food and keep the digestive system moving. The bile-producing cynarin in artichoke also alleviates bloating and other digestive pain.
one of the most powerful herbs for liver detoxification and can relieve dyspepsia (indigestion) symptoms including upset stomach, nausea, feeling bloated, and burping.
Native tribes of South America have been using the leaves of boldo for hundreds of years both as a culinary spice and herbal medicine. Boldo is considered one of the best medicinal herbs for many digestive disorders such as bloating, heartburn, and poor absorption of nutrients in the stomach and intestines.
Dandelion leaf is one of the best herbal diuretics. It is also a very good source of carotenes and potassium. The whole herb is used for loss of appetite, dyspepsia, flatulence and feelings of fullness after meals.
Since it can be challenging to take the required amount of these herbs to get the medicinal effect, A.Vogel has developed a clinically proven herbal complex called Bold-o-cynara (Digestive Aid Complex – Boldocynara) which is made up of the powerful combination of artichoke, dandelion, milk thistle, and boldo.
Convenient to take: just two tablets a day creates an effective natural remedy proven to reduce symptoms such as, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal cramping and bloating.
People with milder heartburn problems might find some relief from deep breathing exercises, a small clinical trial suggests.
Belly breathing is easy to do and very relaxing. Try this basic exercise anytime you need to relax or relieve stress.
- Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position.
- Put one hand on your belly just below your ribs and the other hand on your chest.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.
- Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in, and use it to push all the air out.
- Do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath.
- Notice how you feel at the end of the exercise.