Beet Cashew Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups filtered water, for soaking the nuts and seeds
- 2 cups cooked sliced beets
- 1⁄2 cup organic lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
- 2 Tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp raw liquid honey
- 2 1⁄2 tsp Herbamare
Full of Goodness
- Packed with vitamins (A & C)
- Good source of dietary fibre
- Rich in iron & potassium
Due to its high fibre content, beetroot is great for supporting the digestive system, helping to prevent constipation and keep bowels healthy and regular. The iron content in beetroot means it’s good for those with anaemia and fatigue.
How to make Beet Cashew Dip
1. Soak the cashews and sunflower seeds in 2 cups of water for 4 hours. Drain and rinse well.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
Will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and HarperCollins / ©HotDetox2016.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?