Chocolate-date energy balls
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped dates (or raisins or cranberries)
- 3/4 cup of Natur® Cacao spread
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Full of Goodness
- Rich in dietary fibre
- A good source of potassium
Oats are rich in a specific type of fiber called beta-glucan. This particular type of fiber is known to help lower levels of bad cholesterol.
How to make Chocolate-date energy balls
1. Use a cutting board and a knife to crush the flax seeds.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients.
3. Add in the wet ingredients.
4. Wet your hands and form the mixture into balls of equal size.
5. Place on a plate and allow to dry. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Patricia is a high-school food sciences teacher. In addition to teaching about the benefits of a healthy diet, she loves reinventing yummy recipes as part of the cooking classes she includes in her courses, much to the delight of her students!
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?