- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Natur® peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Full of Goodness
Coconuts are becoming more and more popular as an important part of weight-loss programmes. They reduce appetite, making those on a diet less likely to be tempted by sneaky snacks. Not only this, but it helps to reduce sugar cravings by slowing down fluctuations in blood sugar levels, and improves insulin secretion.
How to make Energy Bites
1. Stir all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.
3. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Note: If the mix seems to dry, add in an extra tablespoon or two of honey or peanut butter or almond butter. If the mix seems too wet, add extra oatmeal.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Coni's passion is to make healthy, easy and delicious homemade meals.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?