Fast Beet Detox Soup
- 2 cups chopped beets
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Herbamare
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 cups unsweetened coconut beverage (2% fat)
- coconut cream
- fresh herbs
Full of Goodness
Celery contains a phytonutrient called polyacetylene, which has been shown to provide relief from inflammation-rooted conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
How to make Fast Beet Detox Soup
1. Add all ingredients, except coconut beverage, to a large pot.
2. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is very soft.
3. In a blender, process the soup with coconut beverage until smooth. Top with coconut cream and fresh herbs if desired.
Reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and Random House Canada / ©Meals That Heal Inflammation 2012.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?