- 500ml water
- 2 tbsp Bambu® instant
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 4 pears of about 150g, not too ripe
- 50g fresh cheese
- 1 tbsp Bambu® powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 50g crystallised ginger
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 egg white
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp light spelt flour1 tbsp light spelt flour
- 1 egg yolk
Full of Goodness
- Rich in antioxidants
- Excellent source of dietary fibre
- Full of healthy vitamins (C, B6 & K)
The high fibre content in pears helps to prevent digestive problems such as constipation and IBS, and promotes regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
How to make Grilled Pears
1. Bring the water, Bambu® powder and sugar to the boil. Peel the pears, halve and core. Cook in the Bambu stock until al dente. Take out 4 pear halves and put into a gratin dish. Cook the rest of the pears until quite soft.
2. For the filling, mix the cheese with Bambu® powder and cinnamon. Chop the ginger and add to mixture. Fill the al dente pear halves with the ginger mixture and pour over some of the Bambu stock. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
3. For the meringue, melt the butter, and leave to cool a little. Beat the egg white with the salt until halfway stiff. Add sugar and beat once more until the mixture is stiff. Add flour and stir in the yoke with the butter. Divide the meringue between the pear halves and bake in the centre of the oven for about 15 minutes until golden.
4. Meanwhile puree the rest of the pear halves with 100ml of Bambu® powder stock to make a sauce. Divide between 4 dessert plates and place the grilled pears on top.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?