Hot Detox Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Herbamare, more to taste
- 1 tbsp organic lemon juice, more to taste
- 2 tsp freshly grated organic lemon zest
Full of Goodness
Asparagus is high in both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients. It contains vitamins C and E; beta-carotene; the minerals zinc, manganese, chromium and selenium; and the amino acid asparagine, which helps insulin transport glucose into cells to be used as fuel.
How to make Hot Detox Garlic Roasted Asparagus
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large glass baking dish, toss the asparagus with the coconut oil, garlic and Herbamare.
2. Bake until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 20 minutes. Stir gently at the 10-minute mark and 15-minute mark.
3. Remove the baking dish from the oven and toss the cooked asparagus with the lemon juice. Adjust the Herbamare or lemon, if necessary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and HarperCollins / ©HotDetox2016.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?