Hot Detox Turkey Loaf
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 lb ground organic turkey or chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sugar-free pickles
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds (freshly ground if possible)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard (look for a sugar- free mustard made with turmeric)
- 1 large organic egg
- 1⁄4-1/2 tsp Herbamare
Full of Goodness
Turkey is high in tryptophan, which gets converted to 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), and then to serotonin, the neurotransmitter that helps improve mood. Onions are often overlooked on the nutrition scale, but they contain some of the highest levels of an antioxidant called quercetin, which works as both an antihistamine and an anti-inflammatory.
How to make Hot Detox Turkey Loaf
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a glass loaf dish with the coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients (clean hands work well).
3. Press mixture evenly into the loaf dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Will keep up to 3 days in the fridge. Freezes well.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and HarperCollins / ©HotDetox2016.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?