Lazy Cabbage Rolls
- 2 1bs ground organic turkey or chicken
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 cups sliced cabbage; in ribbons
- 3 cups sugar-free tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp Herbamare
Full of Goodness
Cabbage is filling because of its high level of fiber, which adds bulk to your stool. With only 33 calories per cup of cooked cabbage, this recipe is a natural go-to for anyone interested in controlling their weight. Cabbage is also a source of vitamin K, a nutrient essential for the upkeep of the myelin sheath, which protects nerves from damage.
How to make Lazy Cabbage Rolls
1. Place the turkey in a large pot with the coconut oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
2. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
3. Stir in the cabbage in batches, adding some Herbamare each time and letting the cabbage cook down a bit before adding the next batch.
4. Cook for at least 8 minutes or until the cabbage is soft, then add the tomato sauce or tomatoes and the Italian seasoning. Mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the sauce is heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and HarperCollins / ©HotDetox2016.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?