Messy Gingered Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups grated unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp organic lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1/2 tsp Herbamare
Full of Goodness
The coconut oil will increase the absorption of the beta-carotene, which becomes vitamin A in the liver and protects the lungs, skin and digestive tract. The ginger and cinnamon give a nice tropical twist and warm up the dish beautifully.
How to make Messy Gingered Sweet Potatoes
1. Place the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat, and sauté the onions and ginger until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the grated sweet potatoes and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to low and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sweet potatoes start to soften.
3. Season with the cinnamon and Herbamare to taste. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve warm.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and HarperCollins / ©HotDetox2016.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?