- 250g muesli
- 100g dried apricots
- 50g dried dates, stoned
- 50g raw cane sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 200ml carrot juice, lukewarm
- 30g almond flakes
- 30g pine kernels
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 30g sesame seeds
- 80g butter
Full of Goodness
- High in fibre
- Full of healthy vitamins & minerals
- Rich in Omega-3 & antioxidants
The health benefits of muesli, due to its high fibre content, include helping to prevent digestive problems, such as constipation and IBS.
How to make Muesli Bars
1. Chop the apricots and dates. Dissolve the sugar, cinnamon and salt in the carrot juice. Add the fruit and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm x 35cm baking tray.
3. Puree the fruit mixture, though not too finely. Lightly toast the almonds, kernels and seeds in a non-stick frying pan.
4. Remove from the heat, add the butter and allow to melt. Combine the fruit puree with the muesli flakes and mix well.
5. Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tray and smooth out. Bake in centre of the oven for 25-30mins until golden brown.
6. Leave in baking tray to cool, then cut into pieces, approx. 3 x 10cm.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?