Mushroom Rice Soup
1 cup dried funnel chanterelles
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup organic wholegrain rice
5 cups water
1.5 – 2
organic vegetable stock cubes 1 ¾ oz. of black-pepper crusted cream cheese
1/3 cup cream
½ bell pepper
Full of Goodness
Source of manganese, and a
Good source of selenium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, and niacin (vitamin B3)
Selenium is an essential component of several major metabolic pathways, including
thyroid hormone metabolism, antioxidant defense systems, and immune function.
How to make Mushroom Rice Soup
1. Rehydrate the mushrooms in warm water for about 5 minutes, then remove excess water.
2. Fry the mushrooms in butter for a few minutes, add chopped onion.
3. Add the rice, sauté for a few minutes. Add the water and the stock cubes. Let the soup simmer for about 25 minutes.
4. When the rice is al dente, add the cream cheese, cream and chopped bell peppers.
5. Warm up so that the cheese melts. Add fresh chopped parsley before serving.
I hope you give this delicious recipe ! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Olga Temonen is a Finnish actress and a television cook, who makes easy and delicious homemade meals that taste great for the whole family.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?