Pear & Ginger Chutney
- 500g firm pears, chopped into small pieces
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 1 piece of ginger, the size of a thumb, finely sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 250ml cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp white sugar
- Crushed black pepper, to season
- Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
Full of Goodness
- Rich in antioxidants
- Excellent source of dietary fibre
- Full of healthy vitamins (C, B6 & K)
The high fibre content in pears helps to prevent digestive problems such as constipation & IBS and promotes regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
How to make Pear & Ginger Chutney
1. Cook the peppers, ginger, onion, coriander, vinegar and sugars in a pan over a high heat, until soft.
2. Lower heat and stir gently until mixture thickens.
3. Stir in the pears and cook gently. Do not allow the pears to turn mushy.
4. Season with black pepper and Herbamare® seasoning salt.
The chutney can be stored for several months in airtight jars in a cool environment.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?