Peppers Stuffed with Lentils
- 8 peppers
- 200g red lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, cut into small cubes
- 1 eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Handful of black olives, pitted and chopped
- Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
- 50g cheese
Full of Goodness
- Packed with powerful antioxidants (vitamin A & C)
- Super nutritious
- Good source of fibre
Did you know that a red bell pepper contains nearly three times more vitamin C than an orange! So eat them up if you want to build your body’s defence against colds & flu. The dietary fibre in lentils also helps the digestive system, preventing constipation & IBS.
How to make Peppers Stuffed with Lentils
1. Heat the oven to 190°C.
2. Slice the peppers in half and use a small knife to remove the seeds.
3. Cook the lentils for 15 minutes. They shouldn’t be mushy at this stage.
4. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the courgette, eggplant, shallots and garlic, and fry over a low heat until softened.
5. Add the vegetables to the lentils and mix. Stir in the olives and season with pepper and Herbamare® Original seasoning salt.
6. Spoon the lentil mixture into the peppers and wrap each tightly in tinfoil. Place in a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove the tinfoil and grate the cheese over each pepper. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted into the pepper.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?