- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ oz. live yeast
- 1/2 tsp Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
- 2 ½ cups whole grain spelt flour or similar
- 1 ½ cup wholegrain semi-coarse spelt flour
1 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup tomato sauce or purée
- 1 tsp Herbamare herb salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- fresh basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- (chilli to taste)
- 1.5 balls of mozzarella
Full of Goodness
- High in dietary fibre
- Rich in minerals (copper, iron, zinc and magnesium)
With its high fibre, spelt is so much easier to digest than standard wheat, which is great news for anyone suffering from digestive issues, such as constipation or IBS.
How to make Pizza croissants
1. Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water, add salt and flour. If using dry yeast, add together with the flour. Knead until springy and let rise, covered, for about 15 minutes.
2. Roll the dough into two flat circles, about ½ centimeters thick. Divide the circles into six triangles.
3. Fill the broad end of the triangles with the sauce and a piece of mozzarella. Fold into a croissant.
4. Let the croissants rise for another 15-20 minutes.
5. Baste with water or milk, sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake at 210° C (400° F) for 15 minutes.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Olga Temonen is a Finnish actress and a television cook, who makes easy and delicious homemade meals that taste great for the whole family.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?