Shrimp Skewers with Red Lentil Puree
- 1 red chilli
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 12 large shrimps, approx. 500g, without shell
- 4 stalks of lemongrass
Red Lentil Puree:
Full of Goodness
- Good source of protein
- Packed with vitamins
- Rich in antioxidants
Shrimps are great for your looks! They contain important beauty minerals such as the antioxidant astaxanthin, which helps to protect the skin from premature ageing. The healthy Omega -3 fatty acid in shrimps also helps lift low mood and ease aching joints.
How to make Shrimp Skewers with Red Lentil Puree
1. Prepare shrimp skewers: Slice the chillies lengthwise, remove the seeds and chop finely.
2. Mix with the shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, soy sauce and peanut oil and grind to a paste.
3. Bruise the end of the lemongrass to make a sharp point and skewer the shrimps. Cover in the paste and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
4. Make the lentil puree. First, wash and drain the lentils. Bring the lentils and ginger to the boil and then simmer until all the water has been absorbed. Mix the lentils with the coconut milk, Herbamare® Original seasoning salt, curry powder and turmeric. Add in the juice and zest of ½ a lime. Blend in a food processor, and add water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Add the peanut oil a drop at a time.
5. Grill or lightly fry the shrimp skewers.
6. Serve the skewers with heated puree.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?