South American Sea Bream
- 4 sea bream fillets, approx. 300g
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1-2 red peppers
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 piece of ginger, the size of a thumb, grated
- Small handful of coriander, chopped
- 100ml sweet sherry or apple cider
- 200ml fish stock
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Full of Goodness
- A good source of protein
- Rich in B vitamins
- Essential Omega-3 fatty acids
Sea bream is a good source of heart healthy Omega-3 essential fatty acids which help improve heart health and brain function, reduce inflammation (great for inflammatory conditions such as muscle & joint pain and enlarged prostate) and help lift mood.
How to make South American Sea Bream
1. Make three scores on the side of each fillet. Squeeze the juice of lemons and limes over the fillet.
2. Deseed and chop the peppers finely. Mix with the garlic, ginger and coriander and coat the fish well with this mixture. Let it cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Drain the fish and steam for 15 minutes. Keep fish warm.
4. Mix the fish stock with the sherry and add the cornstarch. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Add Herbamare® Original seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the fish with the sauce.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?