Spicy tomato salsa
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 50 g peeled mango or pear
- 1 cm piece of root ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp Herbamare Zesty®
- 1 tbsp Molkosan®
- cumin and coriander seeds (1⁄2 tsp each)
- 2 tbsp wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1⁄2 tsp lime zest and the juice of half a lime
Full of Goodness
Fermented vegetables also develop unique flavours and have a positive effect on the intestinal flora (microbiota) and subsequently on the immune system.
How to make Spicy tomato salsa
1. Wash and halve 150 g cherry tomatoes, remove the seeds and finely chop one chilli pepper, peel and finely slice 1-2 cloves of garlic, dice 50 g peeled mango or pear, peel and finely grate a 1 cm piece of fresh ginger.
2. Dry roast cumin and coriander seeds (½ tsp. each) in a pan without oil and crush finely.
3. Combine all of the ingredients with ½ tsp. Herbamare Spicy® aromatic sea salt or regular sea salt. Mix 30 ml wine or apple cider vinegar with 30 ml honey, ½ tsp. lime zest (organic!), the juice of half a lime and 30 ml Molkosan® and combine with the tomato mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into a jar and press down firmly, cover loosely with a lid and leave overnight to ferment. Then seal the jar firmly with a lid and store in the fridge.
INFO: Will keep up to two weeks.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Heike is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?