Sweet Potato Canapés
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Peanuts, salted if preferred
- Olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Handful of bioSnacky® Broccoli sprouts
For the peanut dip
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tsp soya or natural yoghurt
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Chilli powder
Full of Goodness
- A good source of magnesium
- Packed with vitamins (B6, C & D)
- Rich in iron & antioxidants
Great for the nervous system, sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, known as the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
How to make Sweet Potato Canapés
1. Heat the oven to 180°C. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into approx. 1cm pieces. Finely chop the peanuts and parsley. Wash the sprouts and leave to drain.
2. Put the potato pieces into a pan and sprinkle with a little olive oil (alternatively, use a pastry brush and coat all sides with the oil). Lay the pieces on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and bake them for about 15 minutes until they are tender.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the peanut dip together in a food blender until the mixture resembles a creamy sauce. Season to taste and use to coat the upper surface of the sweet potato pieces. Scatter over the onion slices and bake for a further 10 minutes until the onions are soft.
4. Leave them to cool slightly then top them with the chopped peanuts and parsley. Lastly, spread the bioSnacky® Broccoli sprouts over the top.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?