Vegan Bambu Cake
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp Bambu®
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Bambu®
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Full of Goodness
- Gluten free
- Good source of fibre
Oat flour is a great source of fibre and the sugar we chose here is Maple sugar, which is high in antioxidants. The Bambu is a great caffeine-free alternative that adds a little coffee-like flavour. I love the fact that this recipe isn't too sweet and that it contains wholesome ingredients.
How to make Vegan Bambu Cake
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix all crumble ingredients together with hands until well combined.
3. Grease standard loaf pan with coconut oil.
4. Pour half of the cake batter in the bottom of the loaf pan.
5. Cover with half of the crumble mixture.
6. Top with the remaining cake batter and then the rest of the crumble.
7. Bake for 45 minutes at 350°F.
8. For the icing, slightly melt the coconut butter. Add in the maple syrup and slowly incorporate the almond milk until you get a smooth and drizzly icing.
9. Let the cake cool for at least 30 minutes before icing and eating.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Chelsea is a health enthusiast and is the Co-Founder of the lifestyle brand Little Life Box. She is always on the lookout for ways to live a healthier life and she has a passion for cooking.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?