Nutrition plays an important role
- Eat a complete breakfast: favour wholegrain cereals or bread, fruits or fruit juices unsweetened, a protein food such as almond butter, yogurt or cheese.
Try Natur Almond butter with Le Fruit spread on a wholegrain bread...delicious and nutritive!
- Spread your carbohydrate intake throughout the day
- Take a nutritive snack in the afternoon
- Increase omega-3 intake; try eating fish twice a week
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially berries (Biotta Bilberry juice is a good alternative!)
- Increase vitamin B intake
- Eat iron-rich food
- Drink lots of water
Little tricks may help the memory
- Doing things that keep body and mind busy.
- Repeating names when meeting new people.
- Keeping lists.
- Crossing things off once they have been completed.
- Always keep important items, such as keys, in the same place.
- Follow a routine.
- Beauty sleep: during the night, our brain files daily information. It is during the paradoxical sleep phases that nerve cells organize the information.
- Read: reading maintains and improves memory by making nerve cells work.
- Play: crosswords, sudoku, scrabble and chess...all put memory to the test!