Original Recipe from Chef Lawrence Alexander
- 1 ounce Butter or Canola Oil
- 4 ounces Onions, diced
- 4 ounces Leeks, white part, diced
- 6 ounces Carrots, diced
- 2 pounds Butternut Squash, diced
- 2 ½ litres Chicken Stock, Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 teaspoon Herbamare® Sodium-Free
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- 8 ounces Granny Smith Apples, peel, core and dice
- 1 ounce Butter
- 2 ounces Brown Sugar
- 6 ounces Cream (optional)
Heat Butter or Canola oil in a heavy sauce pot. Add Onions, Leeks and Carrots. Sweat them until soft do not allow to brown. Add squash and cook until all vegetables are tender.
Add stock or water (chicken or vegetable stock will produce a better tasting soup). Simmer until all vegetables are soft.
Puree using a blender, food processor or immersion blender.
Reheat in saucepan and add Herbamare® Sodium-Free and white pepper. Add cream (optional) and heat until ready to serve.
Heat butter in a frying pan and add brown sugar and apples, sauté until caramelized.
Serve the soup into bowls and garnish with caramelized apples.