Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice & Mushrooms
- 6 tomatoes
- 100g dried mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 450ml Herbamare® Vegetable broth
- 150g cooked wholegrain rice
- Black pepper
- Cream cheese
- 150g grated Emmental cheese
Full of Goodness
- Packed with vitamins – A, C & E
- Good source of flavonoids & antioxidants
- High in potassium & other essential minerals
Full of healthy benefits, tomatoes are good for the heart, hair, skin and eyes. They are also immune boosting due to their high antioxidant properties and include vitamin C and beta carotene.
How to make Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice & Mushrooms
1. Crumble the dried mushrooms into a small amount of cold water.
2. Chop the onion and fry it with the dried mushroom liquid mix.
3. Add the vegetable stock and leave to simmer on a low heat while you prepare the tomatoes.
4. Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes. Be careful not to cut too deep when scooping, so you don’t burst the skins.
5. Add the leftover tomato seeds and pulp to the onion and mushroom mixture (optional).
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in the cooked rice, pepper, cream cheese and oregano.
7. Mix well , spoon the mix into the hollowed tomatoes, filling them right to the top, place on a lightly greased baking tray, then top with cheese
8. Preheat oven to 220°C and cook for 10 minutes or until the cheese is brown and toasted.
This recipe works best with large tomatoes such as beef tomatoes.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Olga Temonen is a Finnish actress and a television cook, who makes easy and delicious homemade meals that taste great for the whole family.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?