Oriental Fragrant Pea Pilaf
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 150ml coconut milk
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 50g sultanas
- 600ml Herbamare® Vegetable Broth
- 350g unpolished Thai rice
- ½ -1 red chilli
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp butter
- 350g fresh green peas
- 1-2 tomatoes
Full of Goodness
- Rich in antioxidants
- Packed with vitamins
- High in fibre & protein
Peas are supercharged with lots of essential nutrients including high levels of antioxidants which are anti-ageing, immune strengthening and energy boosting. They also have anti-inflammatory properties so are ideal for those with inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, muscle pain or enlarged prostate.
How to make Oriental Fragrant Pea Pilaf
1. Mix the saffron with the rosewater and leave to soak. Mix the coconut milk with cinnamon, cloves and pepper. Soften the sultanas in the stock. Wash the rice and leave to drain.
2. Half the chillies lengthways, deseed and chop. Cook in hot butter with shallots, ginger and caraway. Add the stock, sultanas and fresh peas, bring to the boil and simmer without a lid until the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Mix the coconut milk and saffron rosewater, add to the pan and leave to soak, covered, at a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Score a cross in the tomatoes, immerse in boiling water until the skin begins to loosen, run in cold water, peel and chop. Mix with the rice.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?