With so many products on the market it is important to ensure whatever you choose is backed by science and approved claims.
Clinical research shows Echinaforce's potent antiviral, antiinflammatory and antibacterial properties can significantly prevent and relieve symptoms of a wide range of cold and flu viruses.1,2
To protect you and your family, Echinaforce can be taken daily up to 4 months3 to effectively modulate the immune system to help reduce the inflammatory response of an attacking cold and flu virus and activate the body's antiviral defenses to prevent infection.4,5
Echinaforce Extra Strength hot drink is a soothing natural and effective combination of Echinacea purpurea and Elderberry designed to help combat common cold and flu symptoms
Because it is made from fresh, organic echinacea purpurea, it is 10 times more effective than other echinacea products made from dry herbs.6
If a virus does hit your household, Echinaforce:
- relieves and shortens symptoms of respiratory tract infections,
- decreases the risk of secondary infections (bronchitis, sinusitis and pneumonia) by 65%7 and
- the need for antibiotics by 76%.8
Echinaforce is Avogel’s proven Echinacea Purpurea extract for treating cold symptoms
With over 65 years on the market and 30 clinical trials backing its efficacy, Echinaforce has become a trusted brand to help Canadians, aged 2 and up, (including pregnant and nursing women) significantly reduce their chances of falling victim to cold and flu viruses.
Clinical research references:
(1) Pleschka S, Stein M, Schoop R, Hudson JB: Anti-Viral properties and mode of action of standardized Echinacea Purpurea extract against highly pathogenic avian Influenza virus (H5N1, H7N7) and swine-origin H1N1 (S-OIV). Virology Journal (paper accepted November 2009).
(2) Sharma M, Anderson SA, Schoop R, Hudson JB: Induction of multiple pro- inflammatory cytokines by respiratory viruses and reversal by standardized Echinacea, a potent antiviral herbal extract. Antiviral Res. 2009 Aug;83(2):165-70 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2009.04.009).
(3) M.Jawad, R.Schoop, A.Suter, P.Klein, R.Eccles: Safety and Efficacy of Echinacea to Prevent Common Cold. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:841315
(4) Effects of Echinaforce® treatment on ex vivo-stimulated blood cells M.R. Ritchie,∗, J. Gertschb, P. Kleinc, R. Schoop 2011
(5) Echinacea Extract: Bactericidal and Immunomodulatory for Clinically Relevant Pathogens of Respiratory Tract Infections1 S.M. Sharma a, M.Andersonb, S.R.Schoop, J.B.Hudson 2010
(6) S.Vimalanathan, R.Schoop, J.Hudson: High Potency Anti-influenza Therapy with Herb and Root Combination. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 3 (12); 2013: 001-005
(7) K.Rauš, S.Pleschka, P.Klein, R.Schoop, P.Fisher: Echinacea-Based Hot Drink Versus Oseltamivir in Influenza. Curr Ther Res Clin Exp. 2015 Apr 20;77:66-72
(8) Ogal M, Klein P, Schoop R. Echinacea for the Prevention of Respiratory Tract Infections in Children 4-12 years: A Randomized, Blind and Controlled Study. Sociéte Suisse de Pédiatrie (SSP, Poster), 24th May, Lausanne, Switzerland.