Mini Pancakes with Asparagus
- 200g sour cream
- ½ bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch chives
- ½ bunch of mint
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 leeks
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Full of Goodness
- High in antioxidant nutrients
- A natural source of folic acid
- Rich in dietary fibre
With its high fibre and water content, asparagus is a good food for improving digestive support, helping to maintain a healthy digestive tract and prevent constipation.
How to make Mini Pancakes with Asparagus
1. Wash all the herbs, chillies and leeks. Cut the chillies and the leek into thin rings and roughly chop the herbs.
2. Cut the grapefruit flesh into small cubes.
3. Lightly roast the nuts in a pan without oil.
4. Wash the asparagus and cut off 2 -3cm from the end of the stalks. Cut into 5cm long pieces and fry in a little oil for 1 - 2 minutes.
5. For the chickpea flour pancakes combine the water and oil to form sticky dough. Season well with Herbamare® Original seasoning salt. Over a medium heat, fry each side of the pancakes for 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Serve the pancakes on a plate each with a small dab of sour cream.
7. Garnish with the herbs, chilli, grapefruit and nuts. Enjoy!
The mini-pancakes also taste great cold, wonderful for a Spring buffet.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?