Delicious Beetroot Cake
- 2 cooked beetroots
- 475ml almond milk
- 1tbsp cream of tartar (check it’s gluten free)
- 190g raw cane sugar
- 120ml melted coconut oil
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 190g oat flour (check it’s gluten free)
- 100g almond meal
- 1 cup cocoa powder (the higher quality the better)
- 2 tsp baking powder (check it’s gluten free)
- 1 pinch salt
- The flesh of 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 170g maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- A handful of pumpkin seeds, almonds and shredded coconut, to decorate
Full of Goodness
- Full of Goodness
- Packed with vitamins A & C
- Good source of dietary fibre
- Rich in iron & potassium
Beetroot has been found to be great for the circulation, having the potential to lower blood pressure, whilst supporting circulation to the brain. Having it regularly in your diet may therefore help to provide the brain with the nutrients it needs to keep you healthy and alert, and may reduce your risk of heart attack and dementia.
How to make Delicious Beetroot Cake
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ᵒC. Line two 20cm round tins with baking parchment.
2. Place the beetroots in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a few drops of water if necessary.
3. Whisk the almond milk and the cream of tartar together and set aside for approximately five minutes.
4. Add half the pureed beetroot, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract into the almond milk and whisk until frothy.
5. Sift in the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.
6. Divide the mixture between the two prepared tins, and bake for approximately 30mins, until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool in the tins.
8. Meanwhile, make the icing by placing all the icing ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?