Chewy chocolate-banana granola bars
- ½ ripe banana
- 2 tablespoon of Natur® Cacao spread
- ¼ cup of coco-almond milk or cow milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of puffed rice
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
Full of Goodness
- Rich in healthy vitamins & minerals
- Good source of fibre
- High in antioxidants
Bananas are great for your digestive system! They help aid digestion, stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria and because they are high in fibre they help keep your bowels healthy.
How to make Chewy chocolate-banana granola bars
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
5. Gradually incorporate the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix with your hands and spread the mixture on the lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, then cut into rectangles.
Yields 4 bars.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Patricia is a high-school food sciences teacher. In addition to teaching about the benefits of a healthy diet, she loves reinventing yummy recipes as part of the cooking classes she includes in her courses, much to the delight of her students!
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?