Hot Detox Fritata
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped leeks (white and green parts) or onions
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 Tbsp herbes de Provence
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 14 oz jar water-packed artichoke hearts,drained
- 12 large organic eggs
- 1⁄4 tsp Herbamare
Full of Goodness
Artichokes contain a substance that can increase the protective mucus that lines the stomach. That is, artichokes can keep the acids that break down our food from creating holes (ulcers) in the stomach lining. Artichokes, leeks, asparagus, arugula and herbs all help to cleanse the liver and bowel.
How to make Hot Detox Fritata
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13-by- 9-inch baking dish with 1 teaspoon of the coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining coconut oil and saute the leeks, asparagus, olives, herbes de Provence and salt for 5 minutes. Add the arugula or spinach and cook, stirring, until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the artichoke hearts and mix well.
3. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, and pour over the vegetables.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve warm with a dollop of salsa. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe reprinted with permission by Julie Daniluk RHN and HarperCollins / ©HotDetox2016.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Julie Daniluk is the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation, Slimming Meals That Heal and her latest book Hot Detox. Julie has appeared on hundreds of television and radio shows, including The Dr. Oz Show and is a resident expert for The Marilyn Denis Show.
Visit HotDetox.com for your free book bonuses. Connect with Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk and on Twitter @juliedaniluk
Nutritionist Julie Daniluk hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that looks at the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition. The show is aired in 78 countries worldwide including the USA on the Z Living Network.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?