Goat's Cheese & Sweet Potato Pie
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 250g floury potatoes
- 50ml olive oil
- Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200g carrots
- 100g leeks
- 100g goat's cheese
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 100g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp horseradish, grated
Full of Goodness
- A good source of magnesium
- Packed with vitamins (B6, C & D)
- Rich in iron & antioxidants
Great for the nervous system, sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is known as the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
How to make Goat's Cheese & Sweet Potato Pie
1. Line a 26cm diameter baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Peel both sweet potatoes and floury potatoes and slice into 3mm thick pieces. Blanch for 2minutes in salted boiling water. Drain, plunge them into cold water and drain once more.
3. Rub the oil, Herbamare® seasoning salt and pepper into the potatoes. Arrange half of both types of potatoes on a prepared baking dish in the shape of a rosette, working from the centre outwards.
4. Chop the carrots and leeks into small pieces and mix with the rosemary, hazelnuts, horseradish and 100g of goat’s cheese.
5. Spread carrot and leek mixture over the potato base. Arrange remaining potatoes over the mixture in the shape of a rosette, working from the outside in. Top with remainder of cheese.
6. Bake the pie in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until potatoes turn brown at the edges.
Can also be served as a starter for 4 people.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes..
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?