- 1.5 litre of water
- 3 cubes of Herbamare® vegetable broth
- 100 g - 150 g egg noodles
- 300 g mixed vegetables: take celery, carrots, leeks and onions, but you can also use pre-cut wok vegetables
- 4 organic chicken drumsticks or two big chicken leg quarters
- Herbamare, pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- optional: fresh celery leaves
Herbamare® vegetable broth
Use it as a base for soups, sauces or stews or for cooking rice, risotto, pasta, couscous and vegetables.
Organic - Vegan - Lactose and Gluten-free - Free from artificial flavours and preservative - No MSG - GMO free - From a sustainable source
Dissolve 3 cubes of Herbamare Vegetable broth in 1.5 L of boiling water.
Heat the olive oil on low heat, in a big pot. Add the leeks, onions, carrots, celery and cumin.
Let this simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir regularly (do not let it brown).
Add the stock and bring to a boil.
Remove the skin from the chicken and add the legs to the stock. Let this simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
Then, remove the chicken from the stock, pull the meat off the bones, return the meat to the stock and discard the bones.
Keeping it at a simmer, season with Herbamare and pepper to taste and let it all cook for 15 minutes.
Add the noodles for the last 5 minutes
Serve the soup in large bowls.
Garnish with fresh celery leaves.
And, voila! A delicious, flavourful chicken soup!