Cauliflower and Pear Soup
- Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
- 500g Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
- 300g Pears
- 1⁄2 shallot, diced
- 1⁄4 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 50 ml white wine according to taste
- 500 ml A.Vogel Herbamare® Broth
- 100 g Stilton or other blue cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds according to taste
Full of Goodness
- Excellent source of vitamin C & antioxidants
- Loaded with healthy vitamins & minerals
- Rich in dietary fibre
Ultra rich in immunity boosting nutrients, cauliflower is great for strengthening the immune system and its resistance to viruses such as colds & flu.
How to make Cauliflower and Pear Soup
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salted water to which vinegar has been added. Drain well. Set aside 100 g orets for garnish. Peel and core pears and cut into slices.
2. Cook garlic and shallots in butter. Add plucked rosemary needles, cauliflower and pears, cook briefly. Add wine and leave to cook. Add bouillon, bring to the boil and leave to cook for 15 minutes with lid on.
3. Puree soup together with rosemary and pass through a fine sieve into pan. Cut cheese into chunks and add. Heat gently, stirring throughout, until the cheese has melted. Do not overcook. Season to taste.
4. Put set aside cauliflower florets into a soup dish or soup plates, pour hot soup over and sprinkle with sesame seeds according to taste.
Served with brown rice, it's nutritious, easy to make and easy to adapt.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Coni's passion is to make healthy, easy and delicious homemade meals.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?