Salmon & Sweet Potato Quiche
- 200g spelt flour
- 100g softened butter
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 800g sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- ½ tsp aniseed
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Herbamare® Original seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp buckwheat seeds
- 100g chestnuts, peeled and cooked
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 200g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 100g sour cream
Full of Goodness
- A good source of magnesium
- Packed with vitamins (B6, C & D)
- Rich in iron & antioxidants
Great for the nervous system, sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, known as the relaxation and anti-stress mineral, whilst the Omega-3 in salmon can also help with low mood, dry skin, and aching joints.
How to make Salmon & Sweet Potato Quiche
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Make the pastry. Start by rubbing the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the water and shape the dough into a ball. Cover the pastry with clingfilm and leave to rest.
3. Make the filling. Boil the sweet potato cubes until tender, then drain. Crush the aniseed, mustard, coriander, Herbamare® Original seasoning salt and add to the sweet potato. Add the buckwheat seeds, chestnuts, oil, spring onions and salmon to the sweet potato mix. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and sour cream until smooth.
4. Line a 28cm tin with the pastry.
5. Spread the sweet potato mix over the pastry then pour over the egg mix.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until turning brown on top.
I hope you give this delicious recipe! And if you do, be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Pinterest so we can see :)
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?