Why drink eggplant juice?
There are many astonishing health benefits to be gained from regularly drinking juice made from eggplants:
- It lowers cholesterol and improves blood flow
- It detoxifies the body and improves kidney function
- It is very effective as a laxative, due to its high fibre content
- It lowers blood pressure, due to its high potassium content
- It is an anti-inflammatory
- It calms the nerves, due to its scopoletin and soroparone content
- It contains phytonutrients which help with brain development
- It is an effective treatment for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- It inhibits an enzyme which can lead to type 2 diabetes
- It reduces any free radicals present in the body (which can attack healthy cells)
- It prevents the formation of blood clots and strengthens capillaries
- It can be used to fight cancer, due to its trypsin content; a compound which can neutralise cancer-causing cells
- Due to its beta-carotene content it reduces the risk of developing heart ailments
- It is an excellent way to lose weight due to its saponin content, which prevents fat absorption (drinking one glass of fresh eggplant juice right before your main meal is recommended for this).
How to make eggplant juice
Eggplant juice is incredibly nutritious and is delicious if mixed with the right ingredients. Unlike citrus fruits it would difficult to squeeze an eggplant by hand so you may need to use a good quality juicer to produce the best results.
Eggplant juice recipe
1 large eggplant
2 apples (peeled and cored)
2 carrots (peeled)
A stalk of celery (sliced)
1. Peel the eggplant, remove the top and tail and cut into cubes
2. Blend the eggplant together with all the other ingredients in a juicer, adding half a glass of water
3. Experiment by adding different fruits and vegetables such as bananas, blueberries or tomatoes
4. Drink when freshly made and before a meal for the maximum benefits to health and weight-loss
5. Try adding a few drop of your favourite A.Vogel tincture, such as Echinaforce for a super-healthy tonic!